Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Rain Tilda - Cute Card Thursday Challenge #122 - Wild Orchid Challenge #1

Time for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge. The challenge this week is a sketch by design team member Deb. I am also entering this in Wild Orchid's Challenge #1 - Say It With Flowers.

Here is Deb's fabulous sketch...


...and here is my card...


Stamps: Tilda in Spring Rain, Open Gate, Circle of Friendship
Paper: Green at Heart (Basic Grey), Going Grey, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Staz-On, Distress Ink
Accessories: Chandelier Garland, flowers, ash leaf punch, Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, sewing machine, Cricut Storybook Cartridge, Build-a-Brad


As usual, I colored my images with distress ink. I used the masking technique to place Tilda in front of the open gate.

This is my first attempt at using the Chandelier Garland. I like the fact that it looks like raindrops, so I placed them to imitate raindrops falling on Tilda. I love to layer flowers to create interesting bouquets. I used the gray flowers to imitate clouds.

I again used my Build-a-Brad to tie my brad back to my designer papers. I used my Storybook Cricut cartridge to cut out the cloud, and embossed it with my Swirls embossing folder.

I hope you have a great remainder of your week!


15 comments:

Regina said...

Julie!! It´s adorable!!! I love the colors and all the scne!!
Have a great Day!!
Regina

Jane said...

Oh my so beautiful

Maureen said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the way you did the flowers.... and of course, Tilda is just awesome!

PaulaM said...

Oh, this is just way too cute! I love the layered flowers (something I like doing too) TFS

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Julie, this is beautifully done. Your coloring with the distress inks is getting so good! Love the chandelier glass, you're right, it looks just like rain drops. Well done...hugs...Barb

Jean said...

Another adorable card.. love the layout you followed you did such a great job.. love your coloring and everything about this card. Love your bp, so pretty. And the flowers are very strong with the card.
Hugs, Jean

Rene said...

She's beautiful!!!

Christina C. said...

Julie, you created a magnificent scene here! Love, love your card....gorgeous colors and coloring of the images.

Marlene said...

She's just so cute! Nicely done.

Autumn said...

This is adorable! Love your little scene and your coloring is awesome! TFS!
xxAutumn

Leonie said...

Fantastic!!! i love the whole scene you have created and that chandelier glass does look like raindrops!
Hugs Leonie

Julie said...

Very pretty

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card Julie. You never seem to run out of ideas. Me on the other hand.....sigh, lol
Hugs,
Cabio

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great sketch and fabulous take on it--love all the gorgeous accents you've added to this cute image!

hugz,
Suzanne

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Julie this is absolutely stunning your design is pure perfection with the papers, flowers and Tilda I do love how you have used those crystals to look like rain drops brilliant work.
Hugs
Lorraine x