Monday, January 10, 2011

Belles 'n Whistes at 7 Kids College Fund

Have you heard the news? 7 Kids College Fund is now carrying Belles 'n Whistles Stamps. I just LOVE Belles 'n Whistles. So, to celebrate, I made this card...


You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund



 I decided to think outside the box and use my Prismacolor Pencils to color my image, using mineral spirits and a blending stump to blend the colors out. Pencils are such a great medium because you can blend colors and create a really natural look.


I used my SU's embossed butterflies for the embellishments. I added some wire and pearls for some extra flair.


I opted for a different style bouquet with a little butterfly for fun.


I used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenge for my card today, and will enter their challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Love the bolder colors and this image is just adorable!! Great take on the sketch as well!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at WOC!
:)Kathy

Leslie Avila said...

Julie,
I just love this image. So cute and your coloring is perfect. I see thatnyou use prisma pencils. Are those easy to blend? Do you use a special paper? I ask a lot of question huh? Lol your making me go check out the stamps at belles and whistles. I may have to put another dent in my friend (pay pal) lol
Okay I'm rambling on your blog. Thanks for the lovely share!
Hugs,
Leslie

Sandy said...

Julie - I love the color combo you have used - I also love the way you interpreted this sketch. So glad I subscribe to your blog dear heart!
Sandy Dehon

Crafteezee said...

Hi Julie, love the colour scheme you have used and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

Sandy Hulsart said...

Wow, this card is beautiful, fabulous coloring on that adorable image. Lovely layout and embellishments. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Make It Colourful.

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining WOC with such a sweet card dear, what stunning papers you have used here
Hugs Jacqui x