Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow - Buttons and Bows

Happy Saturday!

Our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this week is Buttons and Bows.

Here is my card...


Stamps: Valentine Bird House (Sugar Creek Hollow)
Paper: K&Co
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Flowers, Copics Airbrush System, buttons, lace, organza ribbon, charm


I made this card for a sweet Christian mom from our church who will be speaking at our retreat in a couple weeks. I chose this image because God has been showing her His love over this past year with hearts, a heart shaped rock, a heart shape in a cookie, hearts wherever she goes. I thought a card with hearts would be a great way to thank her for sharing at the retreat and giving her another expression of God's love.


I should also note, her favorite color is green, so I included lots of green.


I added buttons to the ribbon which I thinks adds an interesting effect.


For my card today, I used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenge. Here is the sketch...



Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Wow, I know your young Mom will so appreciate the love and sentiment that went into making this special "thank you" for her. Seems God uses each of us to speak to His children, this card is such a beautiful message of His unwavering love. I love your card, it fills me with such warmth and peace!
hugs
donna

Sandy said...

Julie - how sweet and I love the buttons going down on what looks like crochet lace. Pretty design and the colors are nice. The design work around the bird house is beautiful - very sweet card!
Sandy

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Well, right off the bat...I'm on the same page as the woman that the card is for. I LOVE the green! The lace up the side with all the buttons is such a pretty touch as are the roses in the corner. I especially love the big bow with the heart charm. They're all such wonderful accents for the beautiful birdhouse.

marsha said...

Julie, I just love the lush colors you used! Fabulous coloring on your birdhouse and the lace and buttons are a fabulous compliment to your design. Also love that heart charm with the bow! Simply gorgeous all the way around!
Hugs,
Marsha

Primitive Paper said...

This is just a lucious shade of green! Outstanding card and overall design Julie...my favorite this week.

Dawn Edwards said...

Julie this card is Beautiful. I love the greens and the buttons layered on the lace is a perfect accent. Beautiful bow and the heart center is indeed a wonderful touch. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dawn

Mary Duffek said...

Soft and shabby chic....seriously gorgeous! I love the touch of silver in your heart accent on your bow. This really sets it apart...a long with your twisty wire vines that you added to your gorgeous flowers. Simply fabulous!!!!!

Jean said...

Julie this card is so beautiful.. I love the color combination and the little bird house is so adorable.. love the lace with buttons on it.. the ribbon and bow with the heart is perfect and love your flower arrangement on each side, perfect colors.. backgroung pp are so great.. inside is beautiful also.. A great card.
Hugs, Jean

Heide said...

Julie,
What a wonderful rich card! I love green and you have done a fabulous job with this card. the lace is wonderful. great placement of buttons and love the flowers.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Julie this is one very beautiful card I love the colours, design, papers and that image this is superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Christina C. said...

Julie, this is exceptionally gorgeous....very creative too, I might add!!!!! Love EVERYTHING about this stunning card!