Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cute Card Thursday #158 - Couples

Happy Thursday!

Our challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week is Couples. I want to catch up on Christmas cards for this year, so I decided to use my skating couple...


Paper:Signature Christmas (My Mind's Eye)
Ink:  Staz-On, Distress Ink, Copics (for airbruh)
Accessories:  Flowers, Copics Airbrush System, Stickles, lace, Branch Punch, Jolie's Crystals, Cricut Lacy Labels,


More distress ink water coloring fun!


The flowers started white. I added just a little color with my Copics Airbrush System. I added some Stickles for a little Christmas bling.


I added some crystals for a little more bling. These crystals are pretty nice. I have noticed they really catch the light and sparkle. 


For my card, I used the sketch from Wild Orchid Challenge...


I am also entering this in the following challenges...
Magnolia Down Under - Shabby Chic  with lots of white (I hope off white works)
Just Magnolia - Bingo Challenge (Gems, Flowers, Ribbon/lace)

Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

Kathy said...

Julie your card is gorgeous!!! I love the vintagey look of it! That paper is some of my favorite and this image is beautiful!! Love your card!
:)Kathy

kelli said...

too cute :)

Barb F said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I am so impressed with your distress coloring! It's wonderful!!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card! Love the coloring and layout on this one.

Christina C. said...

Julie, what a fabulous start to your Christmas cards!!! I love the papers, details and your image is colored magnificently. A totally stunning card!!!!

Debbie Dolphin said...

So gorgeous and i adore your colouring xx
Thankyou for joining us this week at MDUC
Love Debbie xxx

Beth said...

Julie, LOVE your card! Your coloring is super, and love the vintage look! Great job!

Sandy said...

Very sweet - such a feeling of yesteryear! Love your distressing. Love your coloring !!!! Just the right touch for this nostalgic card! Such great ideas you have Miss Julie!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Julie, this card is so cute just like all your other cards are. Now that you have one Christmas card done, maybe you can do 1 a week until Dec. 25. Sounds good, but who does that. Keep up the great work. Edna

Deb said...

beautiful card Julie, love this sweet pair, coloured perfectly, I love those muted tones!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Wowsers Julie,
So much beautiful goodness going on here! I absolutely LOVE your shabby card with all the special detailing. Your coloring is awesome! Fantastic job!
Hugs,
Leslie

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card with a shabby touch. The details and flowers are gorgeous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kruemel said...

Wow, I love that shabby style you added to this card!

Thanks so much for playing with MDUC this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

wooow your card is just adorable, love the shabby style very well done, bye Mascha

Danielle said...

Hello Julie, How could I miss this wonderful card, and this is my very favourite Tilda and Edwin stamp. Love the warm shades you have chosen and the vintagy look. Gorgeous coloring.
Hugs. Danielle.

Kelly Neis said...

your card is very Wintery and so pretty, I love the distressing and the flowers on it.

Rene said...

Oooh this is SO pretty!!!! Fabulous!
Rene :D

Bev said...

Wow this is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at WOC x