Sunday, October 30, 2011

Santa's Coming to Town

Happy Sunday!

I needed to get out of "work brain" this weekend because we are anticipating a very busy week. So, I got coloring and came up with this card...


Stamps: Cool Santa, Winter Sign Digi Stamp,
Paper:  Holiday Wonder (The Paper Studio)
Ink: Memento, Copics, Distress Ink
Accessories: Flowers (Wild Orchid), Lace, Pearls, velvet ribbon, Copics Airbrush System,


I wanted to enter the Add Texture Challenge at Make it Colourful. I opted to color with Copics and use the blender to add the texture. By adding blender to an old piece of upholstery cloth and then dabbing on the ink, I was able to give the feel of felt/velvet to Santa's suit. I also used different colors of Copics to add some texture to the wood sign and to Santa's sack.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid. I needed more red flowers, so I used my  Copics Airbrush System, to color some white flowers.

Here is the sketch I used from Sketch Saturday. I will be entering the card in their challenge.

I will also be entering the card in the Wild Orchid Challenge - Santa, and the Make It Colourful Challenge - Add Texture.

So glad you stopped by today. Have a GREAT week!

21 comments:

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous Julie, just reminded me I have a Maggie Santa somewhere... off to look. Hugs Tracy x

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Great card! : )

Rene said...

This is beautiful Julie!
Rene :D

Linda said...

Wow julie this is a real stunner!!!! The colors are exquisite!!!!! Excellent work on this!!!!!!

Pam said...

Very nice Julie! Love your coloring.
Hugs,
Pam:)

Bente said...

Love your card, the image is so cute - wonderful design!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch saturday this week.
Hugs,Bente

darcy48 said...

Fab card Julie love the Santa image he is so cool showing off his signpostx

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

What a great card!! Bye Mascha

Elle said...

I love your Santa. Great job on capturing Vintage Cute.

Cordine said...

Gorgeous Card!
Hugs
Cordine

Danielle said...

Very cute Julie, I love your Santa! wonderful coloring, and very beautiful details.

Becky said...

wow, how cute is that!

hugs, becky

Christina C. said...

Love this Santa....you colored and showcased him magnificently!!!!!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours and design, stunning thank you for joining us at WOC this week hugs pops x

Jean said...

A beautiful card Julie.. Never have seen Santa colored quite so wonderfully.. I love the way you did his beard.. A supurb card.
Hugs, Jean

Mommy Name Labels said...

Beautiful. Love the feather look around the edges.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and love the softness of the mulberry paper. Sweet card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Monique said...

Oh wow. This is so adorable Julie !

Hugs MOnique

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Julie this is totally fantastic, that image is super so is the design a stunning card, love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sandy said...

Really cute and what a cool Santa. Love the design and will use the sketch!
Sandy

Denise Gutierrez said...

I just LOVE your card! awesome santa!