Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow - A Sketch and a Blog Hop!

Happy Saturday!

It's the first Saturday of the month and time for another Sugar Creek Hollow Blog Hop! If you have arrived from Donna's blog, you are on the right track. For our blog hop today, we were asked to use this sketch...


 ...and here is my card...


Paper: SU! (retired), Vellum
Ink: Ink Jet Printer, Distress Ink
Accessories: Sewing machine, Lace, Sizzix snowflake die, Branch Punch (MS), Scallop Circle (SU!), Swarovski Crystals


This beautiful Christmas Star is available at Sugar Creek Hollow.


I was trying to find just the right snowflake, but did not have just that right punch. I figured out how to create my own snowflakes with my branch punch. I added some sparkle with Swarovski crystals.

Well, now it is time to move on to Ms. Plum's Place  If you have arrived at my blog first, you will want to start at the beginning and visit all of the blogs. The cards are amazing! Here is the order of our blog hop.

Julie  - You are Here

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Your lovely comments are always appreciated!

13 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Hey girl!
Man do I love this card! Your distressing and stitching are so perfect with this image! You are so creative to think of using the branch punch like you did, I am so going to copy this idea! :) Beautiful card,great work and awesome presentation!!
hugs
donna

Renee Matarese said...

What a pretty color you chose to change the digi too! I love your whispy snowflakes. You did a great job on them.

Heide said...

This is stunning!
I love the snowflakes and you used the perfect paper and lacy ribbon!

jonim52 said...

Love the tip with the branch punch! Lovely card.

Nancy said...

A lovely idea for a snowflake!! Gorgeous card, especially with the colors and the stitching!! Awesome!

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful card Julie! Aren't you clever using the branch punch to create snowflakes-I love that idea and am throwing away all my snowflake punches now! These are such pretty, soothing colors you've used and the distressing all over is the perfect vintage touch. So very pretty!

marsha said...

Wow Julie, this looks fabulous! I also love how you used your branch punch for snowflakes, I'm going to have to give this a try too! Your colors are awesome and I love the stitching!
Hugs,
Marsha

Tracy Vinson said...

Julie, as always, this card reflects your beautiful spirit!!! Such a calm and peaceful feeling you have captured. I love the colors you have used....non-traditional Christmas but so appropriate for you project. Well done, my friend!

Cec said...

This is so soft and pretty with those gorgeous papers you have used. How resourceful of you to use your branch punch to make your snowflakes.
Hugs!
Cec

Leslie Anne Avila said...

I was trying to figure out what punch you've used for your snowflakes and then I read that you used your fern punch! Super created and I love that you used untraditional Christmas colors. Fantastic job Julie!

Hugs to you and happy Monday!
Leslie Avila

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is gorgeous Julie! Love the colors and the snowflakes are beautiful!

Hugs
Gunn

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the image. I may have to get another Christmas stamp. Oh my I keep looking and finding other cool stuff. Love the way you did the snowflakes and I love the lace.

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! Very elegant! Love the layout and the untraditional Xmas colors you used! And LOVE the snowflakes you made with the fern puch - how clever!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx