Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Friday Sketchers Challenge #50

The Friday Sketchers Challenge #50 was to use the following sketch...



...and here is my card...
Stamps: Magnolia, Stampin' Up! (All Holidays, Inspired By Nature and Stipple Butterfly)
Ink: Memento, Copics, Garden Green, Brilliant Blue
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Paper Pizazz Bright Great Backgrounds.
Embellishments: Prima’s, gold embossing powder, artichoke organza ribbon, beads, Fiskars border punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
This card is actually designed for another challenge proposed by Magnoli-licious. The challenge was to create your own butterfly Tilda. I used a retired stamp from Stampin' Up! called Stipple Butterfly for the wings. I stamped it on a piece of Bold Bright Backgrounds paper with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder to try to achieve a faux cloisonne look. I used the same paper for the background paper and the other embossed butterflies. I was trying to make it look like Tilda is flying. I hope the effect came across.
I followed the wave theme from the front of the card into the inside of the card.

The inside of the card is decorated with Prima's. The center flower was covered with glue and micro beads.
Check back Friday for my Blogger's Challenge card.


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

8 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

What a cute card, Julie!! Isn't this challenge so much fun??!! She's adorable, and I like how you made her flying! Great card!
hugs!
Sharon

Suzan L said...

I love your card. Tilda's wings are so beautiful. The gold embossing gives them such an elegant look. Hugs, Suzan

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Julie, love the Tilda image, and your colours are fab. Louise x

Jacque said...

Clever idea, Julie!! Very pretty colors and she looks aloft to me...Great card!! Hugs..Jacque

Kerry D-C said...

fabulous job adding wings to this Tilda, Julie! Love all the embossing!

Laurel said...

Julie - What a darling card! I love your blues & yellows and her wings are just beautiful! Hugs

stampingtink said...

Very sweet! Love the papers and the colors And her wings are great!

Lisa T said...

Beautiful!