Thursday, February 11, 2010

Embellish-It FC75 - Bling It Up and Friday Sketchers #88

The Friday Challenge this week for Embellish-It Scrapbooking FC75 is Bling It Up! The challenge is to use at least 2 types of bling, anything that shines or glistens. For this challenge, I really liked the Friday Sketchers sketch. Here it is...

...and here is my Bling It Up! card...


Stamps: Rose's Garden (Sarah Kay), Graceful Words (SU!)
Paper: Fancy Pants Simplicity, DCWV Textured Cardstock, Pink Paisley Cupid
Ink: Staz-On, Prismacolor pencils
Embellishments: Oh, where do I begin...Rhinestones, rhinestone brad, Stickles, Copics Spica Pen, Prima's Flowers, Martha Stewart Punch, Sizzix Tag Die


I colored my image with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I actually colored my image last summer, and this is the first chance I have had to use it.

I punched white cardstock on both sides with a Martha Stewart Punch and embellished it with blue and white rhinestones. I used pink rhinestones in the corners. I used stickles to decorate the flowers and the border for my picture.

For just a little more bling, I traced over the word "grace" with a Copics Spica Pen. It is hard to see in the picture, but really glimmers in the sunlight.

Reminder - Embellish-It Scrapbooking has a great deal on ribbon right now.
1. Each customer who purchases $5.00 in American Crafts products will receive a spool of ribbon.
2. For every purchase of Thickers, you will receive a free spool of American Crafts ribbon. So, if you buy 3 packs of Thickers, you get 3 spools of ribbon for free.

PLUS - Free shipping on orders of $50.00 or more!

WOW! We all like to get stuff for free, right? Go see what Embellish-It Scrapbooking has for you.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Love the card and the colours, x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Julie this is utterly adorable those colours and your design are a perfect accompaniment to that beautiful image.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michelle Pearson said...

love all of the blingy fun you added to this....adorable card!! :)