Saturday, December 1, 2012

Trimming the Tree

Happy Holidays!

Have you seen the great Saturated Canary Stamps available at 7 Kids College Fund

For this Christmas card, I used Trimming the Tree by Saturated Canary.


I decided to use Prismacolor Pencils to color. To give you an idea of how I think, let me explain why. I planned to use Distress Inks to watercolor, but used Staz-On on X-Press It paper. Unfortunately, X-Press It paper is not good for watercoloring, and Staz-On is not good for Copics. Rather than change over to Memento ink and waste paper, I thought "what can I use?" Ah Ha...Pencils. I blended the pencils out with mineral spirits. It was a nice change of pace. I need to remember those pencils.


The large rose was created using Tim Holtz Tattered Pine Cone die.



***


The paper I used has a lot of glitter, so I opted to add glitter to my image to keep the theme. I used Stickles for her top and bow. 

I hope your holiday season is fabulous!

6 comments:

Christina C. said...

What a beautiful job coloring and showcasing this lovely SC image!
Love the fabulous papers and stunning details....a truly extraordinary creation!

Sparkly Engineer said...

The vintage feel of this card truly strikes a Christmas chord.

Sandy said...

Beautiful - love the colors!! The lace bow and charm go perfectly with this image. Your frosted flower is also pretty. All the colors just do so well together!
Sandy

Debs said...

a beautiful card..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

Loopylou. said...

oh my goodness! wowzers how stunning is that? the colouring is just jaw dropping yummy!
this is a stunner of a card Julie.
Thank you so much for sharing your card with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Bev said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary challenge this time x