Saturday, January 23, 2010

A little Valentine

This card was for no other reason that wanting to play with these stamps. I had an idea to use black and hot pink due to these papers. Here is the result...


So, I must say that this is is not my favorite coloring job. It is a result of the growth I am experiencing learning to watercolor with distress ink. I added to the challenge by limiting my color selection to black/gray and hot pink.

In the coloring of her dress, I added some greens and blues to add some dimension to the black.

The inside of the card will say "You make my heart sing" (for my hubby).


I took this closeup picture with the sun shining on the card, trying to pick up some of the shimmer. I added some Twinkling H2O's to the sash and shoes. I also added Stickles for the ear rings. It is so hard to capture glimmer and glitz.

This card was a little stretch for me because it does not really have any extras, no flowers, no brads, no ribbon. I wanted to make it simple to focus on the image. The embellishments are built into the papers (Rock Star - DCWV).

Thanks for looking. I hope you will join me Monday in our Magnoli-licious Blog Hop. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

What a darling card. I lvoe the colors that you used to color them in. I think you did an awesom job using the Distress inks to. Very adorable card!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Julie, Your card is just as cute as can be! I think you have done a excellant job coloring with the distress inks! Love your cute scene!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable card, Julie! Great job with the distress inks and your scene is too cute! hugs!

Shawn said...

I saw your card and went "ahhhhhh, what a precious couple, sigh". Thank you for explaining the colouring technique, most interesting and very effective.
hugs, Diana

Candy said...

Julie - what a lovely card to give your husband! It is so romantic. I think your colouring is fine and you know, it takes a couple of times when learning before we like the things we make - would love to see more of your technique.
Hugs, Candy

Norma said...

Julie, wonderful scene you've set with these adorable images of Edwin and Tilda. I have never tried colouring in distress ink, but your work looks terrific. I'm sure your husband will love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Monique said...

It's lovely Julie !

Hugs Monique

Christine Riley said...

What an adorable card! I love the little scene you created, too cute!:)
Hugs, Christine

coldwaters2 said...

Aw this is so cute and adorable and how lovely to see both Edwin and Tilda looking so good together

Hugs
Lorraine x