Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's / Sunday Sketch and Stamp / Stamptacular Sunday Challenge

Howdy! I hope you are having a fantastic week so far.

I made my card using the Sunday Sketch & Stamp Sketch for this week. I am also including this in the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week which is called Going in Circles. Here is the sketch...

...and here is my card...
I joined the Paper Craft Planet group for Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps. I am just crazy about these stamps. She has such a fun, whimsical style. Yesterday, it just seemed like so many on the group were not feeling well or had sick kids. That inspired me to make this card. I used paper that I got from Embellish-It Scrapbooking called Pink Paisley.



I colored my image with Copics. I colored her shorts to match the spotted paper on the card. I really wanted to get the effect of the water, so I used Crystal Effects on the rain drops and the puddle. I can't help myself. I will probably have to do that every time I use this image.


Pink Paisley has some really cute brads called Bella Brads that match the spotted paper perfectly, only in a mini form. Now, I must confess that I did not have that particular brad on hand, so I had to make my own. I used the Build A Brad by Stampin' Up! I punched out two circles from the Postcards paper by Pink Paisley. I glued to the brad and covered with the acrylic circle. I like this because it adds more of the water effect to the card. What a great embellishment for my Prima flowers.

I knew what I wanted to say, but lacked the sentiment stamp, so I created my own. I made this in Word 2003 and printed it out. I used my label punch to punch it out and colored the edges with Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip ink (Stampin' Up!). I am hooked. I will likely make a whole selection of sentiments for myself.

The special on ribbon continues at Embellish-It Scrapbooking.
1. Each customer who purchases $5.00 in American Crafts products will receive a spool of ribbon.
2. For every purchase of Thickers, you will receive a free spool of American Crafts ribbon. So, if you buy 3 packs of Thickers, you get 3 spools of ribbon for free.

PLUS - Free shipping on orders of $50.00 or more!

Check back Thursday for Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop. See you then.


8 comments:

Arianne said...

Great card! Cute image and your papers are great!
Thanks for joining our challenge at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Aud Kirsten said...

What a great card, and a supercute image! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
Hugs;)

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Julie, love the colours and image
Clairexx

Liza said...

A great card and image. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, I knew I should have gotten that border punch today! I just didn't know how it would actually look, but now I know I love it! Wonderful card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
Dee (Spryte)

Marlene said...

I love Sassy Cheryl's images, too! Aren't they da bomb?!! You did a beautiful job on this card!! I love it!

Carolyn said...

Love your card. The circles are perfect. Love the colors. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Mira said...

This is so great, love it :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)