Friday, March 6, 2009

Blogger's Challenge 89 - brown, sage and neutrals

Here is my submission for the Blogger's Challenge #89. The challenge this week is to use brown, sage and choice of neutrals. Here is my card...

I love this image from Whiff of Joy Stamps called Lantern Girl and colored her with Copics. While this is really a stamp geared toward Christmas, it was the perfect stamp for a friend of mine. I used Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and some designer paper. For the brown papers, I used a couple of Cuttlebug embossing folders to add some dimension. I doubled up on the ribbon with stitched chocolate chip and some ribbon I found at Walmart that just happens to be sage and brown. I used some small Prima's and Dew Drops to finish it off.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

10 comments:

Patti Chesky said...

What a beautiful card!! I like how you cut out the focal image and matted her on the scalloped oval.

Lisa Bohler said...

I like the texture and the scallops! Cute card!

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

MJ said...

Very nice!

Ida P. Krause said...

Very pretty and Sweet. Love the textures on this card.

Chrissy D said...

Lovely - great layout of the colors and beautiful coloring! TFS!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Very pretty! Love all the details.

Regina Cornelius said...

very pretty!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very Pretty!

Connie said...

She is so pretty! Great job with the challenge.