Thursday, March 26, 2009

Christmas All Year Long - #3 (late)

So sorry I am late with my Christmas card. I actually worked on it last night (the 25th) rather than posting it the 25th. So here is my latest creation.



Stamps: Sweet N Sassy Owl Celebrations
Ink: Momento, Copics, Baroque Burgundy, Taken With Teal, Always Artichoke
Paper: Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey
Embellishments: Prima’s, Dew Drops, ribbon from SU!, candy cane button from stash
Other notes: Scallop circle by Spellbinders, embossing folder by Cuttlebug


I used a piece of designer paper to embellish the owl's belly. I used Copics to color, but felt the colors were really bright, so I went over my coloring with a light warm gray Copic marker. I used the Textile embossing folder to emboss the scallop circle. I think there may have been too much pressure because just the embossing process took some of the color off the paper, leaving the white embossed areas (which I actually liked, so that was kind of cool).

I must admit, it feels like maybe something is off in this card. I just could not get the feel I was going for. Is there just too much going on? If you have any thoughts on this, please leave me a comment. I am always trying to learn the little details of good design.

Thanks for looking. Have a great Thursday!



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oooo this is one fun Christmas card love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Ann said...

hello from Scotland.
They are lovely cards.........I just had to visit when I noticed your surname.
Ann (near Glasgow Scotland)