Wednesday, August 17, 2011

7 Kids College Fund - School Spirit

Happy Wednesday!

Our challenge this week at 7 Kids College Fund is School Spirit. We are celebrating the start of school that is either here or coming soon, depending on where you live. 

I had a tough time with this challenge. My daughter will be attending high school, and the school mascot is demons. I am not big on demons, so did not really want to use this symbolism to celebrate the start of school. Then after some thought, I realized my daughter's middle school mascot was angels. With Magnolia stamps, this would be perfect. So I opted to make a scrapbook page with the theme of angels, using her 8th grade school picture.


You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund... 



I think  Flying Angel Tilda, would be the perfect school mascot. Okay, perhaps not terribly intimidating for the football team, but I prefer Tilda to demons.


I made multiple copies of the school logo, printed them, and added them to the page.


Happy first day of school to all you moms and dads out there!

3 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Excellent page Julie, and what a super great idea to use your daughters 8th grade picture and mascot! Love the little flying Tilda...beautifully done!
Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Wonderful page! Great use of Tilda
Hugs Julie P

Digi Darla said...

Julie's 8th grade page is beautiful. I love the way the colors all work so well together, not to mention the Flying Angel stamp. I'd love to see you participate in one of the challenges at http://digidarla.com Stop by and join us!