Saturday, January 3, 2009

SKATING TILDA

Over the last year, my daughter has become very interested in figure skating. She is going to start competing this year. I searched and searched for skater images, but was not particularly impressed until I found this image.



This cute little skater is called Skating Tilda and comes from the Magnolia collection. I have just fallen in love with these kids.

I colored Tilda with Copic Markers. I absolutely love my new Copics and am anxious to learn more Copic techniques.

The flower was made with the Five Petal Punch and some handmade paper I have had laying around for a couple years. To create the dots, I colored with Stampin' Up! Basic Black marker and used little dots of Crystal Effects to give it the raised bead look. The leaves are made with the Martha Stewart Holly Punch and more handmade paper.

In the bottom left corner, I used Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder to help "Season's Greetings" stand out.

These cards are being donated to the Durango Figure Skating Club Skate Swap to help raise money for their activities. Keep watching for more Magnolias.

No comments: