Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I have been up to...

This weekend, I got the scrapbooking bug again. So, I thought I would share the layouts I made.



This first layout is from my DD's 6th birthday. Keep in mind, she is 11 now, so you can see how far behind I am. For this birthday, she received a violin from her great-grandpa. I wanted to go with the more formal musical theme, so I chose black and white (to match the dress on the girl), and then added some pink to draw out the color of my DD's outfit. I had some shimmery Bazzill paper and some shimmery stickers which added a little bling to the page (easier to see in person).


The second page focuses on pictures from the same time period. My DD took gymnastics for a VERY short time. It was just not her thing. One thing about our family is we are all tall (I am almost 5'11"), so we are just not cut out for gymnastics. I CASE'd the idea for the gymnasts from "kkreate" on Split Coast Stampers. Here is her sample. I loved the idea and needed something extra for this page. I love the little "punch girls." To create them, I used a tag punch, a slit punch, the Word Window punch, a 1-1/4" circle punch and a 3/4" circle punch. So simple yet so cute.

I hope you are not as behind on your scrapbooking as I am. Oh well, it gives me something to work on.

Have a great Wednesday.



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

No comments: