Wednesday, June 6, 2012

7 Kids College Fund - School's Out!

Happy Wednesday! 
Today at 7 Kids College Fund, we are celebrating the end of school with our "School's Out!" challenge. For me, school's out means the start of summer, so here is my summer card.

Background elements from Make It Crafty
Pearls
 

I need to practice with the dress a bit more. I like it, but I don't LOVE it.  I tried a new technique for the grass and trees. I really like the result. If you are interested, you can find the tutorial here.

I did not want the sentiment to pop out, but to be more subtle, so I added it to the grass. I added some white gel pen to the sentiment and added pearls to help the sentiment stand out just a bit. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

5 comments:

Monique said...

That is so pretty Julie !!

Hugs Monique

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oh Wow Julie!I absolutely love the gorgeous scene and your colouring is just beyond perfect. I could stare at this all day it is just so pretty :)

Carisa said...

I adore this scene! I'm always intimidated to color such large scenes like this but you make it look effortless. I think you did a GREAT job on the fold in her dress. I really love how you combine different color families in your blending.

Carisa said...

I adore this scene! I'm always intimidated to color such large scenes like this but you make it look effortless. I think you did a GREAT job on the fold in her dress. I really love how you combine different color families in your blending.

Kelly said...

Julie, your card is a labor of love, your coloring is phenomenal and I am sure it took a while. I admire the details in your scene.