Sunday, July 29, 2012

Make It Crafty - Enchanted Unicorn

Howdy Everyone!

Today, I am posting a card featuring a beautiful image from Make It Crafty called Enchanted Unicorn.


I used a lot of peach with pearls, cheese cloth and a doily to give this a very feminine feel.


I used several Copics with a flicking technique to create the rainbow color in the unicorn's mane and tail. 


This lovely sentiment comes from Stamper's Anonymous by Tim Holtz. I love his inspirational sentiments.

If you look below the flowers, you can see I used a Leaf Chippie to embellish the flowers. I covered it with Pearl Acrylic paint and used my airbrush to add blue and green Copics for color. I love that the pearl shows through even when covered with a spray of Copics.

Here is the list of supplies I used on this card...

Stuff to Say - Stamper's Anonymous
Once Upon a Time Paper - DCWV
Copics
Copics Airbrush System
Distress Ink 
Flowers
Cheese Cloth
Doily
Pearls
Liquid Pearls (Border around the unicorn)

Hey, have you seen Zoe's new Coloring Techniques With Markers? If you have not seen this book yet, you have to check it out. She gives very easy-to-follow tutorials, great for the beginner, and great for experienced stamper who wants to brush up on their skills and learn something new. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  
 

3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwww Julie this is one awesome card that image is outstanding, the flowers and design are perfection.
hugs
Lorraine x

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I love your sentiment.
Sandy

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wowee!! Julie this is just stunning! I love all of the details and the unicorn is coloured up so beautifully :)