Sunday, July 15, 2012

Make It Crafty - Sealed with a Kiss

Howdy Y'all!
I hope you are having a great summer (or winter depending on where you live)!!!  We are having a nice, warm summer so far.

For my card today, I am featuring a beautiful new stamp from Make It Crafty called "Sealed with a Kiss."  

I wanted to carry the fancy dress onto the card, so I added some of this gorgeous lace. I also added a chippie from the Butterfly Swirls collection I colored the chippie with purple paint and added some Perfect Pearls for some shimmer.


She is crazy fun to color. I used several shades of Copics to add the shadows, leaving some areas white for the highlights. 

Of course I had to add flowers to this beauty's card. I loved the leaves because they are the same tone as the paper with purple tips.
I used the following items on my card. 


Paper: Once Upon a Time (DCWV)
Ink: Copics, Dye Ink
Accessories: Lace, Liquid Pearls, Flowers, Leaves, paint, Perfect Pearls

I am entering my card in the Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge using this sketch...



Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Please send some of your summer warmth across the pond - we have had a miserable summer so far!

I really love your card Julie, it's beautiful.

Hugs
Jane

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow, just beautiful Julie, I love this little Mademoiselle with her beautiful dress. Very lovely border around the image, those little drops are awesome. your elements are just beautiful too! Wonderful card. Hugs.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this Julie! It is absolutely stunning...the shading is perfect! Great job with the layout and beautiful colours too :)

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Julie this is exceptionally beautiful that image looks amazing you have coloured her to perfection, the lace, papers and design are awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CaroleAnn said...

Hi Julie
I saw this card over at the CLP Challenge and had to check out your work! Wow love your style and all your cards etc. I joined your blog site. Beautiful job with this card and I can see all the work that went into this card - just gorgeous!
Hugs, CaroleAnn

Nicola said...

Such a gorgeous card Julie, love the colours and your perfect colouring of an amazing image, the leaves are a beautiful touch and match in with your colour scheme a treat!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Chelsea said...

Hi Julie, this is simply amazing! Beautiful colors and gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for sharing your work with the CLP Sketch challenge.

Hugs,
Chelsea