Sunday, January 25, 2009

IT'S CHRISTMAS ALL YEAR LONG

As promised, here is my first installment in my Christmas All Year Long campaign. On the 25th of each month, I will be posting a Christmas card in hopes of inspiring all of us to get our cards done early this year. My thought is to do 10 cards each month, and by October we can have 100 cards ready to go. If you don't send 100 cards, do 5 each month and you will have 50 by October. Then when the holidays are in full swing, this will be one less thing you have to think about. I hope you will join me.

My first card is a card I made for this last Christmas. It uses a technique called glitter masking from Technique Junkies.





This technique is so pretty. It just sparkles like crazy.

Basically for this technique, you need to run a piece of card stock through a Xyron machine to make it all sticky. After you remove the plastic, take the card stock off the release paper (the white sheet) and set aside. Use the release paper with a Big Shot die cut to create a mask for your project. Cut as many masks as you would like. You will then place the release paper die cuts on your sticky card stock in whatever pattern you choose. Sprinkle glitter on the card. Then remove the masks and sprinkle a different color glitter over the card stock.


You can see how the mask allows you to have two colors of glitter on your card as a background. I die cut another snowflake, ran it through the Xyron, and added glitter for dimension, and topped it off with a build a brad.

For more detailed instructions on glitter masking, check out Technique Junkies. You will love the techniques they teach you, and tell Pat that Julie Glasgow sent you.

If you decide to join me making early Christmas cards, please leave me a comment and leave a link to your blog post. If you don't have a blog, send me your picture and I will post it to this site.

Have a great week.



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

No comments: