Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SCS Dirty Dozen Challenge

I created this card based on the Split Coast Stampers Dirty Dozen Challenge. Their challenge was to draw on inspiration from their immediate surroundings, creating art that imitates the space they live in as they show us What Makes a House a Home. So, since I live in Durango, Colorado, at the base of the Rocky Mountains, I created this card.

The story behind this card is the joy and thankfulness I feel having been so blessed to live in my favorite place in the world. I love the mountains, being surrounded by trees. I tried to portray the sun shining on our house in the same way God's blessings shine on our lives. My life is not perfect. No one's live is perfect. But God has blessed me with a wonderful family, friends, and the ability to live in a place I love.



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

No comments: