Friday, July 24, 2009

Christmas All Year Long; BC109 - Christmas in July; Magnolialicious Highlites Sketch Challenge

My card today is for the Blogger's Challenge #109 - Christmas In July. I decided to use the sketch for Magnolia-licious Highlites for this Christmas card. This is also my July Christmas card for my Christmas All Year Long monthly posts. I am a day early on this Christmas card. I am making up for being late in the past.


I used an image that I received in the image chain for Magnolia-licious. You might think an image chain keeps you from needing to buy stamps, but it actually has the opposite effect. Once you use the image, you sort of feel the need to have that stamp.

I am short on time this week, so I will come back at a later date to give more details, but did not want to delay the post, so I included some closeup pictures to include more detail.






Have a great weekend!


Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

23 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute Christmas card yet very elegant! Love the choice of your DP and the flower is beautiful!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Oh Julie this is a beautiful card! I love the DP and the poinsettia just gorgeous! The little Tilda elf I forget her name is colored perfectly! Love Love Love your card!!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Just terrific, Julie! Love your coloring on this lettle elf and you amtched wit with papers and embellsihments perfectly! Thanks for joining in the challenge!

MJ said...

Great coloring on this image and wow your inside is over the top. Fabulous card.

Kerry D-C said...

ooooh...aaaah! Such a pretty Christmas card!! LOVE that pretty poinsettia!

Anonymous said...

just adorable! Love your card!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

Julie, this is just stunning. What beautiful dsp and your take on the sketch is gorgeous. Love that little elf and he's colored so beautifully. The inside is amazing! Beautifully done...

Laurel said...

Julie
What a beautiful card! I love the DP, the flower and this image -- she is just so cute!! Hugs

Lisa M said...

What a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love all the layers and your color is super! What a great card!

Ida said...

OMG this is wonderful. The little Elf is just adorable, beautifully colored and the embellishments and paper as perfect.

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Your colouring is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what a fun layout! I love your adorable elf--esp. that she has such a cute expression. I really like expressions on my stamps and this one is great!

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty...love that DP and your coloring is gorgeous! {SMILES}

Linda S. said...

Wow Julie!! I love this card. Thanks for all the close-up pixs. I am looking forward to your posting more details...including the colors and names of the CS and DP you used. Great Work! Linda S. in NE

Katie said...

Julie,
She is so cute!
What a lovely card.

Lori said...

Beautiful coloring, Julie! Love the flower embellishment, too.

Wendy said...

WOW!!!! What an absolutely stunning card. I have got to get that stamp....Your coloring is georgeous.
Bye for now
Wendy

AnnS said...

Beautiful card, Julie.

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute card, I love the little ribbon & charm hanging from the image.

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Super cute! Love the little elf.

Selene Kempton said...

oh my gosh! i love the little elf and the paper.. all of it.. so pretty!