Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blogger's Challenge 107 - Case a Fellow BC Member

I have been AWOL for a while. We spent some time camping. It was nice to get away for a while. It is taking me a little time to get my mojo back.

The Blogger's Challenge this week is to CASE a fellow BC member.

Stamps: For My Mother (Sweet N Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Pixie Pink, Glorious Green, Blush Blossom
Ink: Copic E00 and E01, Memento Black, Glorious Green
Embellishments: Grosgrain Ribbon, Dew Drops

This was a really fun challenge. The Blogger's Challenge group has so many talented artists, it was hard to decide what to CASE. After a little random searching, I found a card that had a technique new to me, so I decided to CASE this card...



I found this card on Creating With Chrissy. It uses a technique from Technique Junkies called Splatter.

I must admit that I like Chrissy's card better. I just love the colors she used.

I sat looking at my card for a while and kept thinking, "something is wrong." I finally figured it out. I had stamped the flower on white cardstock, but mounted on the Blush Blossom. It just did not mesh well. So, I removed my flower image and used my airbrush system with Copic E00 and E01 to change the coloring to the blush color. I like it much better now.

I plan to get back in the swing of things next week. Have a great weekend!



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I love the spattered background look. That's one that I have not mastered yet!

Selene Kempton said...

Simply Fabulous! I love both cards!

Patti Chesky said...

That splatter technique is so striking. I love your card!!! Great job!!

Kerry D-C said...

What a lovely card! You did a wonderful job with you CASE of Chris!

Unknown said...

Nicely done, Julie. I like your colors and the brightness of this card.

Barb Hardeman said...

What a beautiful CASE Julie. Looks like your MOJO is working just fine...

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful CASE...love how your BG came out!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, Julie! Love your case!

Basement Stamper said...

I like your card, different colors but the effect is still beautiful!

Ida said...

What a pretty card. The technique you used is wonderful and I like both yours and Chrissy's cards.

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! {SMILES}

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

great use of the splatter technique! great job!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! Love it!!!

Lori said...

What a cool background technique!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Julie! Great CASE of Chrissy's card! :D

Lisa M said...

Very soft and pretty! Great CASE job!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great card! You did a super job on the Splatter BG!