Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Josh's FOOSH - Friday Sketchers 60


What a week. My son broke his arm on Tuesday. It was just one of those boy things. He was jumping over a rail, hit his ankle, lost his balance, and landed on his outstretched hand. He now has a new catch phrase - FOOSH (Fall On OutStretched Hand).

Three hours in the ER, three hours in surgery, and a night stay in the hospital before he was all fixed up. Poor Josh. Now he is house bound for a while. What a way to spend the summer.

Friday Sketchers challenge for this week is to use this sketch...

and here is my card...

Stamps:Tilda in the Sea (Magnolia), Just Beachy (Stampin Up!)

Ink: Memento, Copics

Paper: Bazzll Blings, Pacific Point, White card stock, vellum, NRN Designs paper

Embellishments: Flower Daisies 2 die, Fire Rhinestone brads

Other notes: I used the Copics Airbrush System to add some blue to the white vellum to give a water feel. I trimmed Tilda's legs out of the vellum to give the more realistic feel of Tilda standing in the water.


I had this idea in my head from the time I got this stamp, and this sketch worked perfectly for this idea. I liked the idea of having the fish under water showing. I love the way it turned out.

I am still working on remembering to decorate the inside of the card. I tend to be lazy too often, but really like the completed look, so I am going to try to be more consistent about this aspect of the card.

The designer paper is some I have had for years and loved it so much, I never used it. Do you know how that is? It came from a scrapbook pack and has a beach theme. I love the colors and fresh, bright feel it gives.
As usual, I used Copics to color Tilda. Isn't this Tilda just the cutest!
These are the colors I used.

I hope you have a great Thursday!



Julie Glasgow
Durango, CO

15 comments:

Myrna Irwin said...

Awesome card I love the fish swimming around her feet. Great coloring job.

Vivi Casale said...

Julie, is card is stunning... OMG, I love the fishes in there!! it is great!! She really looks like to be in the water!! great job!!
Hugs
Vivi

Jacque said...

Julie she is just precious...clever techniques you used!!!! Those colors are yummy and that paper is too pretty to use...lol...Thank you so much for joining us at Friday Sketchers...wonderful use of sketch...Hugs..Jacque

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great card! I love how you did the water.

Katie said...

Great card!
She is so cute.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh,Julie! This is just too cute!!! FABULOUS job in making her really look like she's in water. That looks so danged COOL!!! I love it! Awesome, awesome card!!

Sharon Caudle said...

forgot to add - so sorry about your son! Hope he's feeling lots better now. Poor guy!

charlene said...

cute card I love that little image ! Glad to hear Josh is doing ok !

Nancy said...

Great job Julie! I love the fish under water super job. Tilda is adorable great job with your coloring!
Hugs,
Nancy

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Super cute Julie! I too have to work on finishing the inside of the card - but I love the completed look it gives.

cabio's craft corner said...

Love your card Julie, it is so pretty!
Poor boy, I hope he can get better soon and able to enjoy the rest of his summer :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Hi Julie,
GREAT idea using the vellum and adding the fish!! I just love your card - you are so smart! Love the colour of Tilda's dress as well.
Poor Josh - he sure looks tuckered out there in the hospital. Sorry the break was so bad he had to have an operation. Hope his summer isn't completely dead now.........
Hugs, Candy

Sheri said...

So many cute ideas here! The fish in the water are super cute... the blue velum water..your sky..the inside! Such a wonderful card!

Lynn said...

Julie, I sure hope your son is feeling better & somehow will still have some good times before school starts. I love your Tilda card. It is so cute. I have that Tilda but havent been able to make a card. Thanks for sharing how cute she is.

Blessings, Lynn

Brenda Marshall said...

Oh I'm sorry for Josh! (and for mom!) Finlay broke his arm a couple of years back and every time he told the story it got a little more dramatic ("one and a half flips"...) But the story always ended with "and then I landed" so FOOSH would have come in handy! Hope he's 100% again soon xx