Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow - Red and White Color Challenge

Happy Saturday!

Our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this week was to create a card using red and white. My red is really more of a burgundy, but this color really worked well for the Baby Jesus image. 


Stamps: Baby Jesus Portrait, Christ Is Born
Paper: Faith Stack (Paper Studio)
Ink: Ink Jet Printer, Distress Ink
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Frames, Pearls, ribbon, branch punch, flowers 


I used Photoshop to change the image color, and then overlay the sentiment over the image. This is one of my favorite things about digis.


I added some pearl sprays to the ribbon to add just a little extra elegance.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Julie, I love everything about this card! The way you've combined the sentiment and image is amazing. The pearls and flowers are just the right delicate touch for this card and I love the inking on the frame to bring out the embossing.

Tracy Vinson said...

Julie, your paper looks like velvet!!! Once again, you are delivered a card fit for a king!

Mary Duffek said...

Stunning and gorgeous!

Deb said...

wow, stunning, such a clever card, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Julie-this is beautiful. Very creative to use the sentiment as an overlay to that wonderful Jesus image. I love that effect. Your embellishments are simple gorgeous here - especially those pearl sprays. Very nice.
Hugs,
Sharon

Iulia said...

Hi, Julie! Your card is so precious! How creative to overlay the images! That would be one of the great advantages of digis, I agree. I also love your pearl sprays, they make it even more elegant.
Just adorable!
Blessings to you,
iulia

marsha said...

Julie, this is just fabulous! I love, love, love Baby Jesus with the red and white colors, and you have created such an elegant card! Your overlay of the sentiment is just inspired and your bow and embellishments are gorgeous! Fantabulous job!
Hugs,
Marsha

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Julie this is one Awesome card I love that image and the sentiment is perfect, so is the colours and design I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Donna Moore said...

Hi Julie, what a heart warming and gorgeous tribute to the King of Kings! What else can one say, it shows your love and faith! Magnificent!
donna

Sandy said...

This card is beautiful Julie - really very nice.
Sandy

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

WOW! THis one makes me speachless Julie! It is so very very beautiful! Love the colors, love the text over the image, love the flowers and the pearls, but most of all I love the little string of pearls comming up from behind the bow (I also love the bow) - making it look like a butterfly! Thank you for making this beauty and thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs
Gunn