Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow - A Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!

It is time for another Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge! Our challenge today is a gorgeous sketch...


Here is my card...

Paper: Mirabella
Ink: Ink Jet Printer, distress ink (to dye the ribbon)
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Frames, Spellbinders Fancy Tags  metallic rub-ons, ribbon,  Pearls



I used Photoshop to change the image colors, and also to overlay the sentiment onto the sleigh. I love the result!

I hope you will go visit the other team members' blog to see some of the beautiful cards they have created! 

Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Heide said...

Julie,
This is just FABULOUS! I love how fun this card is,super colores too.

Nancy said...

That classic frame was just made for this sketch!! I love the colors and the cozy feel of your card!!

Donna Moore said...

Wow o wow, you are a super genius! This card is a masterpiece, girl you should so frame this!! I love the colors you have chosen, they are so rich; I can see this in a frame in an entry way surrounded by holiday goodies.!! Gorgeous!!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Fabulous job! I love, love, love your added pearls. Beautiful touch.

Sharon Basel said...

Nancy, the layering of the two images on the fancy tag is a great idea - I love how it looks and is so perfectly coordinated with the main Santa Claus digi. This is lovely. Prettiest papers together with the ribbon. And the stitching is a perfect finishing touch.
Hugs to you,
Sharon

marsha said...

Julie, your card is just fabulous! I love the stamps you used, such a great combination! Your paper choices are so rich and the frame is just the perfect embellishment. Just dazzling!
Hugs,
Marsha

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Julie!
This is beautiful! Love that you are so true to the sketch adding all those pearls! I also think it is fantastic that we both used just the same two images and the results are so very differnt! Lovely christmascard!
Gunn

Renee Matarese said...

I LOVE how you layered the sleigh and the sentiment. This whole card is gorgeous. I actually ordered this frame after I saw your card. This is just an all around beautiful card.

Tracy Vinson said...

Of all the cards made this week, your's was closest to the sketch...I mean nearly identical!!! This is just a fantastic display of several images into one card, and you have made them all work together. Great work Julie...I am honored to have you design for SCH!

Sandy said...

This is so beautiful and then when I realized the SC I just laughed right out loud. Wonderful idea Julie!
Sandy