Wednesday, September 1, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge #3 - A Recipe

The challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog this week is a recipe challenge...

  • 1 image carried by 7 KIDS COLLEGE FUND
  • 2 designer papers
  • 3 flowers
  • 1 sparkly thing

Here is my card for this challenge...


Speaking of 7 Kids College Fund, have you seen the new Magnolia collection called Cozy Autumn available for preorder in the store. Wow are they Gorgeous!!!



I colored Tilda With Cat with Distress Ink.

I have had this gold foil trim in my stash since I started card making 13 years ago. You might notice that the cut outs are actually little mice. How cute is that. I thought it could be my sparkly thing. However, it is perhaps more shiny than sparkly, so I added some Stickles to my flowers to be sure I covered the something sparkly.

The base for my card started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday. Here is the sketch and another picture of my card so you can see how the elements played out.


I also entered this card in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge, which is to use Autumn colors.

There are a couple cards coming up that you will want to stop by to see. Tomorrow is Cute Card Thursday, and I can't wait to share my creation with you. On Saturday, September 4, I will be posting my first card for Sugar Creek Hollow as part of the Fall Release Blog Hop. I was accepted to the design team and can't wait to share these adorable digis with you. I have seen some of the amazing cards the design team have created, and you won't want to miss it!

I hope you will join our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge, and go check out those new Magnolia's available for preorder in the store.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

16 comments:

Monique said...

A very beautiful card!
greetings from Belgium
Monique

Annika said...

Oohhh, I love the depth and texture of your colouring!!! Gorgeous!
Hugs
Annika

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Julie this is stunning I so love that image of Tilda and your colouring along with the design and papers is just top notch.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Barb Hardeman said...

This is just adorable, Julie. Great work...hugs...Barb

Christina C. said...

Hi Julie! I'm lovin' your card....simply gorgeous!!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love how you showcased this cutie! The little mice are toooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous autumn card and perfect for the MSL challenge. Would love it if you would link back to us and also join us on 9/12 for our Halloween challenge. Hugs!

Cindy said...

This is a darling card. Thanks for entering the MSL challenge and please stop by again. C2

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute--the colors & papers are gorgeous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Peggie said...

Great card and great colors and great image. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, the distress ink coloring is awesome~~~
hugs,
Shell

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the distressing and elegant theme :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Patti Jo said...

Very cute and with the lace looks vintage! Well done Julie!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so pretty Julie, I love those DP's you have used and the lace...it all works brilliantly together and your coloring is beautiful.

Sandra said...

Beautiful card....great take on the sketch....thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday...

Take care
San x

Nancy said...

Oh Julie, this is lovely. The colors are just wonderful and the image is so sweet.

Nancy said...

Me again. Wherever did you find that wonderful little mouse punch? I have some House Mouse friends who would love that.