Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #128 - Material Girl

The challenge this week at Cute Card Thursday is called Material Girl - Feature Fabric on your project/card. I love this challenge. If you have seen my blog, you know that I really like to incorporate fabric into my cards. Here is my card...


For my card, I used the sketch from Just Magnolia. Here is the sketch...




I used fabric in several areas. The jeans are cut from an old pair of my daughter's jeans. I have had piles of material laying around since my daughter was a baby (she is now 13). I thought I might actually learn to sew. No such luck, but it is sure fun to use on cards. The background is actually a piece of country material I had in my stash. The other "fabric" is actually ribbon.


I colored Farmer Tilda with Copics markers and with Distress Ink,. I am trying to learn to combine the two to see what types of effects I can achieve. I used my Copics Airbrush System to color my aster daisies with yellow and blue Copics markers.
Don't forget to stop by Saturday for the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog Hop! 

Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Monique said...

What a wonderful card!
Gorgeous!!!
greetings
Monique

Lisette Morris said...

This is fantastic! I LOVE her jumper!

Deeanna said...

Wow. This is so pretty....:}

Rene said...

How stinkin' cute is this?!?

Barb Hardeman said...

How delicious! Love the paper pieced jeans! Really adorable!
Hugs,
Barb

Christina C. said...

Outstanding card...love the fabric overalls! So many details make this a very special card indeed!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

oooh, Julie,
Absolutely loving the jean texture! Awesome card! Keep them coming!
Many Blessings~
Leslie A.

Corinne said...

Beautiful card! Love the look that the material gave to your card. I have farmer Tilda, think I will have to doing her overalls in denim.
Hugs~
Corinne

Bev said...

Julie this is one fantastic card!!! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Jean said...

Oh goodness Julie I love this card.. love your incorporating the material into your card. Great coloring job and adore your layout. great job with your card!!!
Hugs, Jean

Patti Jo said...

That is creative using the fabrics like you did!!! Love the jeans!!! Great card Julie....very cute!!!

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love those dungarees, have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

Joynana said...

Love the colors and the papers that you have chosen. Your coloring is wonderful.

Nancy said...

Oh Julie, this is just a wonderful card!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute! I love the flowers!