Wednesday, September 15, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge #4 - A Sketch by Suzanne

For the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge  this week, Suzanne Dean challenged us to use her sketch to make a fall card. Here is Suzanne's sketch...


...and here is my fall card...


You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund:


I colored my image using Distress Ink. I made my frame with multiple punched leaves glued to an oval.


Once again, I did not have flowers the exact color I was looking for, so I used my Copics Airbrush System to color white flowers with fall colors.
  
Have you seen the X-Press It Paper & Tape *NEW* from Copics. It is available at 7 Kids. It is the hot item right now. I don't have mine yet, but hear it is the best card stock out there for blending Copics. I can't wait to try it.

I hope you will join our challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge (don't forget to use a stamp that 7 Kids carries), and go get your X-Press It Paper & Tape while it is still in stock.

20 comments:

Monique said...

A wonderful card! Gorgeous colours and paper. Love the border punch and a beautiful flowers too!
greetings
Monique

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Gorgeous card, love the vintage look.

Regina said...

OMG!!! What a gorgeous card Julie!! I love how you made the border, the flowers are wonderful and the colors... absolutely perfect!!
Hugs
Regina

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful, Julie! Your dp is fantastic and your coloring is gorgeous! Wonderful embellies...beautiful card...hugs...Barb

Christina C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Julie!!!!

Chris said...

Very beautiful Julie and such gorgeous colouring of your Tilda. I love the autumnal colours and your copic coloured flowers look wonderful. Chris :)

Card Crazy said...

Gorgeous card. Certainly captures the feeling of autumn.
Sue S.

Manuela said...

Hi Julie! Your card is so sweet! Tilda looks absolutely amazing! ♥

Hugs,
•*´¨`*••♥ Manuela ♥••*´¨`*•

Rene said...

Wow! She's beautiful and that sketch is fantastic!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Julie this is totally gorgeous the papers, flowers and Tilda it looks....awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nancy said...

Julie, this is exquisite. Will you share what DP you used? Absolutely beautiful!

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh Julie, this is so precious. I love the way you put the leaves around the oval frame. It looks so cool!
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

My goodness, Julie!
Your card is amazing. Love the great frame of leaves you have made around the oval, and the pearls add a beautiful touch. Tilda is coloured just perfectly gorgeous ( as always ) LOVE HER. Your flowers are done so wonderfully with your air gun. Very different papers used as well :o)
Hugs, Candy

Mary J said...

REally gorgeous card! I'm lovin' your blog!

Lisette Morris said...

Love love love this card! Such beautiful fall colors and Peachy Tilda is adorable!

Diane said...

This is a wonderful Autumn card, Julie - great colouring!
Diane x

LINDA W. said...

Great card I love your colors...and your coloring just
right for fall.
Hugs Linda

jeanne girl said...

Hey Julie - thanks for the comments :) Love your card - your coloring is so good!! Reading about you ... one of your fav books is mine too!!

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card! Love those fall colors.
Hugs
Cordine

Unknown said...

Hi Julie...ooh...this is one of my fave Tildas (I have about a million faves, I know...but I really do love this Peachy Tilda!) Your card is lovely...the leaves around the image...and the airbrushing...and the pearls...just beautiful!!!!
Pat Frank