Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #129 - Tweet and a Flutter

This weeks challenge for Cute Card Thursday is "Tweet & A Flutter" (birds and/or butterflies). I have had this lovely stamp on my shelf for a very long time and have never used it. This was the perfect opportunity.


Stamp: Garden Collage (SU!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, K&Co
Accessories: Sewing machine, Flowers, MS Branch punch, white ribbon, Copics Airbrush System 


The picture does not show it as well as real life, but I pre-colored my paper with very soft colors of distress ink. I used my ink pads on my craft sheet and sprayed with water. Then laid the paper in the wet ink in a few different directions to get a nice blend of ink. I then colored the flower and butterfly with more intense colors of distress ink. I actually colored my ribbon with the same craft sheet/ink/water method, then sprayed it with my Copics Airbrush System with E55 to give it more of a vintage feel.I also colored some of my flowers with my Copics Airbrush System.


I used the Friday Sketchers sketch as the foundation for my design.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Check back Saturday for another Sugar Creek Hollow card.

8 comments:

Heide said...

This is colored beautifully!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Wow, this one screams fall. I love it! Beautiful job!
hugs~
Leslie A.

Peggie said...

Love this card and this image. Can't believe it took you so long to use it. lol Really pretty embellishments with this paper.

mrsk06 said...

Hey Julie such a gorgeous card!! i love the colours too! hugz xx

Unknown said...

This is the prettiest card I've seen today... gorgeous in fact!!

We're looking for talented papercrafters like you to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!

Unknown said...

OMG this is awesome, so elegant. Love that distressed look and you should use that stamp more often, it's beautiful xxx

Deb said...

such a beautiful card, very elegant, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Great stamping technique! I just loved going through all the details. Thanks for he inspiration