Wednesday, October 27, 2010

7 Kids College Fund Challenge #7 - Birthday

Happy Wednesday!

This week, 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog has a really simple challenge - Birthday!

I made my card for my cousin's birthday in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My cousin is a two-time survivor. She amazes me with her upbeat attitude and bubbly personality. 

Here is my card...


You can find the following items at 7 Kids College Fund

 

I made the background behind Tilda. I used the technique Perfect Distress from Tim Holtz Book, A Compendium of Curiosities, page 38. I used pop dots to layer Tilda over this paper to make her stand out.


I paper pieced some Bella Rose paper for Tilda's dress. I colored the remainder of Tilda with a combination of Copics and distress inks. 


I used my Copics Airbrush System to get just the right colors for my roses.


Here is a list of all items used:
Stamps: Tilda Wants a Hug, En Francais, Sweet Little Sentiments (SU!)
Paper: Bella Rose (SU!), LillyKate (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Copics Airbrush System, Pearls, Flowers, Perfect Pearls, Rose leaf and branch punch, ribbon, lace, DMC floss

The sketch is from Hanna's Hobbyblog. If you have not seen her work, go check out her blog. She is a wonderful artist.


Thanks for stopping by today. Check back tomorrow for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge.


16 comments:

Silvie Z said...

Stunning, Julie! Love every single detail on your card! Beautiful colors!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Okay, I'm picking my jaw up off the floor! I don't know what to say, because my jaw hit the floor again! Julie, this is so stunningly beautiful, the coloring, the colors, the papers, the flowers, the lace just everything is absolutely glorious! Jaw dropping gorgeous!

Pen to Paper said...

Ohh Julie she is so pretty! I love the DP you've used and the way you've colored her. Her hair ties are so cute!

Hugs,

Jackie

Card Crazy said...

How sweet. The colors are so rich - the flowers are exquisite. You did a wonderful job on their colors.
Sue S.

KayBeScraps said...

she is sooo beautiful.. ♥
Hugs, Katrin

Catherine Atkinson said...

Very cute. The dress is amazing!

Rene said...

She is beautiful! Great card! Good luck with your challenges! :)

Christine said...

Wonderful card! I never thought about using an airgun on my roses... now I need an airgun, too! :p Thanks for the great idea! (My hubby probably doesn't thank you though LOL)

Candy said...

Oh Julie!
A most beautiful card!!!
Love your colours, paper piecing, lace, colouring and embellies :o)
Hugs, Candy

Peggie said...

Beautiful. Love the bows on Tilda's hair. You did a great job with this sketch.

Alberto said...

Love this card, Julie!
The stamp, the colors, and the flowers are all so pretty!!!
Love the ribbon too!!!

Hugs from Italy, Albert

Unknown said...

Hi Julie...one word: stunning!!! I absolutely love the shades of pink and blues you used. The flowers and lace are the absolutely perfect touch! Pat Frank

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely card Julie. The lace and those DP looks so elegant and beautiful :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

charlene said...

Awesome card ! Love all the little details all the way to the little bows in her hair !
Hugs

Chris said...

Ohh La La! This is gorgeous! I love the grey with the apricot. Fantastic work as usual!

XO,
Chris

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Julie this is absolutely stunning, the colours, papers, design and image are superb. I am so glad to be back visiting my friends again.
Hugs
Lorraine x