Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Christmas Release Blog Hop


Good morning and thank you for joining us here at Sugar Creek Hollow for our Christmas Blog Hop.  We are going to play the "Secret word" game today.  You will Need to collect a letter at each blog and theN post your aNswer at the last stop.

We will be awardiNg a $25.00 gift certificate to oNe lucky wiNNer!

I am shariNg with you today two of our New Christmas Digi Stamps -
"Flourish Shabby Sleigh" aNd "Believe."



Stamps:  Flourish Shabby Sleigh, Believe (Both from Sugar Creek Hollow), Clear Stamps Flourish
Paper: Basic Black, INk Jet TraNspareNcy, DP from stash
INk: INk Jet PriNter, White Craft INk
Accessories: Black orgaNza ribboN, ribboN slide (Hodge Podge Hardware-SU!), snowflake coNfetti


I waNted to try priNting my digis to a traNspareNcy. I used Photoshope ElemeNts to create my digi layout (combiNing two oN the same layout).  


I fiNished off my card with some orgaNza ribboN aNd a ribboN slide.



I liked the idea of makiNg a shaker card with the traNspareNcy. I mouNted with mouNting tape aNd used Basic Black to create a frame for the image. For the shaker, I used sNowflake coNfetti. I fiNished off the frame with flourish stamps and white craft iNk.

If you have figured out my secret letter, leave me a comment and move on to Megan's Blog  She has the next letter for you.  If you have arrived at my blog first, you will need to start at the beginning to get all of your letters in order.  Here is the order of our blog hop.

Julie  - You are Here
Megan


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Your lovely comments are always appreciated!

27 comments:

Heide said...

so Elegant!

Mary Duffek said...

So creative and beautiful!

MiamiKel said...

This is just as beautiful as can be - such a gorgeous winter scene you have created! Lovely, full of so many details and elements - wonderfully done! TFS!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

wo very pretty!

Denise said...

So creative and beautiful. Great details. Awesome!

marsha said...

Stunning! This is just too gorgeous, love the shaker technique and all your details make such an awesome creation! Love it!
Hugs, Marsha

Nancy said...

Wow, the snowflakes just float on your card!! I love the sleigh!! Wonderful job!

Joseline said...

Love, love this card!! What a great idea to print on the transparency.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Julie!
This is is gorgeous! Love the snowflakes. This is the best shakercard I have seen!

Hugs
Gunn

Dawn Edwards said...

Beautiful card Julie.

Cec said...

This is so much fun. I love the fence all decorated for Christmas.
Hugs!
Cec

Renee Matarese said...

What a great idea using the snowflakes behind the transparency! This sleigh is pretty in all the different colors but I think the black and white is my favorite. Very pretty!

Megan said...

Very pretty!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card so elegant . Great idea stamping on transparency. Found your secret letter.
Marilyn

Sharon Basel said...

The creativity of this card just blows me away Julie. It is absolutely fabulous and oh so beautiful. I love the idea of printing digis on transparencies - my mind is racing with possibilities. Incredible card!

Tracy Vinson said...

This is just a super lovely card Julie. I love the snowflake embellies you have used. Sorry for my delay in getting over to see you today. I have been up since the crack of dawn with a church bazaar. Blessings, Tracy

Donna Moore said...

Hi Julie!
Your shaker card is fantastic! I love how you can catch a shadow of the "Believe" on the background from one of your photos! You did such a wonderful job on this, everything is perfectly beautiful!!
hugs
donna

Patti P. said...

This is so elegant and creative...lovely. TFS

Tink said...

Beautiful Card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fresh design. Love what you did with Tracy's new image. Beautiful!

mrsk06 said...

Hey Julie this is one clever card its simply elegant and gorgeous!! I love it! hugz xx

Lisa Atha said...

Wow! Love this, what a creative idea! so pretty!

Lisa

Carol Hurlock said...

Fabulous image and awesome card. Puts me in the mood to do some Christmas Card crafting!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Chrisd said...

So very lovely and that ribbon slide is great combined with your extra touches.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely card and neat snowflakes scenery :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kelley said...

Julie, I Never would have coNsidered using a traNspareNcy for this faNcy sleigh! EveryoNe kNows a feNce Needs garlaNd to adorN it. The orgaNza ribboN adds a graNd fiNish.