Monday, October 25, 2010

It's October 25 - A Christmas Card...

I was so excited to receive my Magnolia Fall Kit. When I saw this adorable Gingerbread Tilda, I just had to ink her up. I found this perfect sketch at Papertake Weekly...


...and here is my card...


You can find Gingerbread Tilda available for preorder at 7 Kids College Fund. This paper has become my favorite Christmas paper for the year. It is called A Country Christmas from The Paper Studio.


The background stamps are from a Gingerbread set by Martha Stewart. A Country Christmas. I used a mix of flock and glitter for the snow.


This little tree is actually cut from the paper pack. I used Crystal Effects to make it more substantial and to give it some shine.


The snowflake is from Stampin' Up! and has a rhinestone brad to give it some character.

I hope this inspires you to get started on those Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Summite said...

Very nice card you tought of everything. The color are so bright in the back and soft in the front I love that. Congrat.

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Great idea mixing flock and glitter to make snow.

Madge H. said...

Absolutely adore your card! I have this stamp on pre-order and can't wait to get it! Love what you've done with it.
tfs
Rubber hugs,inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge H.
aka: maddie6833

Rene said...

Beautiful card! I love this paper too...I just went back to Hobby Lobby today to get a second pack (and I never do that!)!!
She looks perfect with that background stamp! Excellent!

Barb Hardeman said...

Julie your card is just beautiful and I feel so guilty that I've fallen so far behind on my Christmas Cards. I love your dp! It's so crackled and it's so vintage looking. Your Tilda is beautifully colored as well. A wonderful card...hugs...Barb

Judy K. said...

How cute your card is Julie! I love all the warm colors.
Judy

cabio's craft corner said...

Such a cute dp for the card. Very pretty Tilda and lovely sketch taken on :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Jean said...

A beautiful card Julie.. love the gingerbread Tilda and the pp.. your layout is so adorablew and love your background.. great coloring on Tilda and of course love her little tree.. great card.
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

Oh Julie...this makes me think of warm ginger cookies! Yummmmmmmmmmm! Your card is just delicious! Pat Frank

paola said...

WOW!!! Julie you have truly done a fabulous job with her, colored to perfection and i just love that background and the details. BRILLIANT!!
smiles
Paola

Tracy Valure said...

Gorgeous coloring and the papers are awesome. The little buildings in the background are just perfect for this "Gingerbread" Tilda!
Tracy Valure

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! Love the papers you used and Tilda looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at PTW!
hugs, Sharon

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

Julie, this is absolutely BREATHTAKING....SOOOOOOOOO STUNNING! You did a magnificent job coloring this adorable image and I love the layout and all the special details.

Zoe said...

my gosh I love this! I jsut love the colours and the distressed look. The glitter snow is just perfect. hugs xxoo

charlene said...

Julie you card is just adorabale ! Love your coloring