Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow - Lace

Happy Saturday!

The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is to use lace or make your own faux lace on your card. You may use any fall or winter digi.
Here is my card...


For my card, I used the Winter Wonderland Set


I used a felt snowflake (SU!) and added some Stickles and a rhinestone brad to give it sparkle.


I included two lace elements. One is the lace border at the bottom and is very obvious. The other is the glittered paper just above the lace. I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Xyron, laid the lace over the sticky cardstock as a mask, and added glitter. I removed the lace and added another color of glitter, creating this beautiful glitter lace effect. I used organza ribbon and a ribbon rose  bow to finish it off.

You will love what the other design team members have created. Their links are on my side bar. Go check out their blogs and let them know what you love about their cards! And go visit Sugar Creek Hollow. There are some fabulous digis that I know you will just love!

Have a great weekend!


14 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Julie, this is so very beautiful, I love your bling and colors, your lace and that touch of pearls is so perfect! I really like your idea with the sticky paper and lace mask, I will need to give that a try!
Another beautiful creation!!
hugs
donna

Heide said...

Julie,
Stunning card! I love your ribbon treatment with the touch of color and what beautiful work with the image!

jonim52 said...

Julie,
Your embellishments are absolutely stunning! Gorgeous card.

Cec said...

What a pretty card. I love the colour scheme and all the sparkle.
Hugs!
Cec

Monique said...

Wonderful card!
Beautiful embellishments.
greetings
Monique from Antwerp

Sharon Basel said...

Incredible card Julie! Truly beautiful with all its detail and sparkle that make the image come to life. Thanks for the trick on the sticky paper - terrific technique that I can't wait to try now that I know how it's done! I love your color choices and that crackle paper background too - it's a great choice for this card!

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh my....I love this card and have been in love with it all week. Thank you for sharing how you achieved the look of your snowflakes. I am going to have to try this. Your embellishments just melt right into your design and bring this whole card together.

Mary Duffek said...

What a lovely creation! It's soo pretty...awesome color choices.

Jean said...

Julie, this is so gorgeous.. love the simplicity of the card.. the lovely snowflake in the middle with the beautiful letterling around is beautiful.. love your lace on the bottom.. and love the pp on top.. great card..
Hugs, Jean

Renee Matarese said...

This is so pretty. I love the pink and blue together and the lace is very creative.

marsha said...

Julie, this is just fabulous! I love how you used the blue and pink colors and your beautiful bow just lends an air of incredible softness to your card. A truly gorgeous card this week!
Hugs,
Marsha

Nancy said...

A beautiful bow, and I love the flower!! The sparkly snowflake is the cherry on top!! Awesome job!

Dawn Edwards said...

Julie this is a stunning card. I love the colors and the glitter lace is a great idea I want to try it.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Julie!
This is beautiful! Love the purple flowers and the golden snowflakes!
Hugs
Gunn