Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!

This week, Sugar Creek Hollow presented us with a sketch challenge. We are to use this sketch with one of the new Fall or Winter digis. Here is the sketch...



...and here is my card...


I reversed the sketch for my card because I wanted to draw the focus back to the middle of the card rather than off the card.
Paper: DCWV (textured cardstock and striped paper), other from stash
Accessories:  Country Crinkle ribbon, Prima Flowers, Pearls, Corner Punch (SU!), Stickles, Oak leaf and branch punches


I colored my image with Copics and used Distress Ink to add color to the background. I used my Copics Airbrush System to add color to a white flower, changing it to light brown (the bottom flower). I used Stickles to add a little sparkle to the stain glass windows. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

jonim52 said...

I love the way you colored the church and added glitter to the windows. I will have to try that!

MiamiKel said...

Stunning use of your copics, Julie! I love the light that beams from the church - stunning paper, all around wonderful!

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful card Julie - love the colors and your coloring of the image is perfect. The DP is gorgeous too. Great job!

Love your new blog look!

Heide said...

I love the sparkle on the windows. Stain glass is one of my favorite things next to stamping!
Perfect card!

Cec said...

Gorgeous fall card. Love frame around the image and the shine in the stained glass windows.
Hugs!
Cec

Renee Matarese said...

Very pretty. I like the stitching and also the sparkle on the windows. I also like how the ribbon coordinates and makes the windows pop even more.

Tracy Vinson said...

Julie, this is truly magnificent! I love this church image and you have just done such a warm and inviting card this week. Thanks for making us look good! I love the windows in the church by the way.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is beautiful Julie! Love the DP and the colorings of the image!
Hugs
Gunn

marsha said...

This is just so beautiful Julie! You have really captured the essence of fall with your gorgeous colors and I love how you framed the church! Fabulous job!
Hugs,
Marsha

Megan said...

Julie, this is gorgeous!

Dawn Edwards said...

sorry it's taken me so long to let you know how beautiful your card is still playing catch-up from the flu. your flower layering is so great.

mrsk06 said...

Hey Julie

Totally Gorgeous card chick!

Hugz

xx

Mary Duffek said...

So pretty!!!! I love your coloring.

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Julie, I love what you did with the windows!! The DP is perfect too!!