Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #136 - So Transparent!

Happy Thursday!

Time for another Cute Card Thursday Challenge. The challenge this week is So Transparent! (Make a clear card or feature a transparent element). Our sponsor this week is The Stamp Shoppe.



Here is my card...


Stamps: Little Mermaid Tilda, Sea Horse, Seaweed, sentiment from SU! (not sure of the name)
Paper: The paper is from SU! (DP is retired)
Accessories: Transparency, Bubbes Fiskars Texture Plate, Pearls, Flowers, Dew Drops, Branch punch, charm, eyelets, ribbon, fishing line



I cut Tilda out and attached some fishing line to make her appear to be floating in the water. In the pictures above, you can see how she can move back and forth.


After I colored the base, I felt it was a little out of balance, so I added the red bow to carry the red on down the card. I added Dew Drops to give the appearance of 3-D bubbles.


My transparency element is the window for the port hole. I embossed it with the Bubbles Fiskars Texture Plate to give the feel of water. I used vellum with bubbles as a background to Tilda (hard to see the bubbles in the picture). I used white card stock and red eyelets for the port hole.

Thanks for stopping by today. See you Saturday for another Sugar Creek Hollow creation.

19 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Julie! Your card is adorable! I love the base of your easel as well - too cute!
Hugs
Kylie

Deb said...

Beautiful Julie! I have this stamp and haven't used it yet - you have sparked my interest to dig it out and have a go! Wonderful details on your card.
Hugs,
Deb T.

LindaC said...

Oh my! That card is awesome! You did a great job on the composition! LindaC

Zoe said...

oh this is gorgeous and I just love the seahorse too. hugs xxoo

Pen to Paper said...

Julie she's so cute!!!! I love that Mermad Tilda can move back and forth, that is so clever! I also love the porthole look and the color scheme you've used! Very cool!

Hugs,

Jackie

Rene said...

So adorable! Love how she peeks out that port hole! Fantastic :D

Christina C. said...

Beautiful job, Julie. You colored this mermaid to perfection and showcased her so beautifully.

Cami said...

Adorable card! I like how you have her behind the port hole! Hugs, Cami

KayBeScraps said...

your card is adorable.. amazing work..
Hugs, Katrin

Shelley said...

Love the nautical look. I really liked how you suspended tilde, but what did you do for the back of her? I just might have to lift this one for my son's next birthday card as he is in the Navy.

Only By His Grace said...

Super card Julie.
Love the layout and Tilda is colored beautifully
Hugs marion...aka..maz

linda said...

Love your card!!! how cool how she peeps through!!

Joseline said...

OMgoodness!! This is super cute and VERY creative!!! Love the transparency!!

cathylynn said...

Wow what a splendid card. Tilda moving in the water. Such a great idea and marvelous creation.

Peggie said...

Wonderful card. Love Tilda moving. Pretty embellishments.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Wow this card is picture perfect! Lots of nautical goodness going on! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work of art! Love it!

Blessings from Georgetown~

Leslie Avila

Chris said...

Adorable! I love the colors and the way you constructed it! It's really wonderful!

xO,
Chris

cabio's craft corner said...

You created a great window like in the submarine for this Mermaid Tilda. Very cute and sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!