Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to my DH / Midnight Madness 74

Today is my hubby's birthday, and it is a triple threat (10/10/10). How cool is that?  For his card, I used this week's sketch from the Midnight Madness Challenge. Here is the sketch...


...and here is my hubby's Birthday card...


The images are from Stampscapes. I used my Copics Airbrush System to color the image. This can be tricky because of the variation of air and ink. However, I love the effect. Of note, the paper is from my stash and I have not seen it in stores for quite a while.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Happy Birthday to my darling husband!

6 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi! Julie, OH! such a lovely card for your husband. I love your image,so peaceful; you colored her wonderfully. This paper with rocks is gorgeous, and perfect to enhance your image. Love it all.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Lisette Morris said...

Julie this is stunning! What a beautiful scene, it's so serene. I hope your husband enjoys it as much as your blogger freinds do. TFS!

Heide said...

This is so great! Wonderful guy card, love the stone paper and lovely coloring.

Lis said...

Very nice. I love the airbrushing - it looks like a painting.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Julie this is excellent work, I am lost for words, well nearly, your hubby will be over the moon to receive this wonderful work of art I know that I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Summite said...

Wow I can't beleive that you color your image with the airbrush, you're my hero from now on. I can only do back ground with that. This card is simply amazing, your husband will be very happy and he is a lucky man.